The Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols is a service of Christian worship celebrating the birth of Jesus that is traditionally followed at Christmas. The story of the fall of humanity, the promise of the Messiah, and the birth of Jesus is told in nine short Bible readings from Genesis, the prophetic books and the Gospels, interspersed with the singing of Christmas carols, hymns and choir music
Sexagesima: The second Sunday before Lent and hence the eighth before Easter. Its name, formed on the analogy of Quinquagesma and Septuagesima and goes back certainly to the 6th century. It is also known in the west, from the opening words of the introit, as Exsurge Sunday. The traditional Old Testament Lesson for this Sunday is the narrative of the Fall (Gen. 3).
Conductor- 'Layreader', Mr. Richard Heiman
Celebrant: Father Bill
- We delivered eight bags of canned goods to Auburn Food Closet.
- Preparations for the Annual Meeting have begun.
- Next Vestry meeting is scheduled for February 12, 2017; immediately after church service.
- Postulant Rick Heiman to be interviewed on February 25th at All Saints' Anglican Church in Fountain Valley, CA.
- The Installation of Bishop Owen Williams, in the Diocese of the West, is February 26th also at All Saints' Anglican Church, Fountain Valley, CA.